GENERAL GUIDELINES for Generate Grants
To qualify for a grant or loan from Generate, a church must meet the following requirements:
- Must be in agreement with the doctrinal statement of the GARBC
- Must be an active participant in the national body of the General Association of Regular Baptist Churches. Active fellowship is defined by participating in at least three of the following:
- Church leader attends a national conference at least once every four years
- Church leader is engaged in a Regular Baptist state or regional association
- Church subscribes to the Baptist Bulletin
- Church utilizes Regular Baptist Press curriculum
- A representative of the GARBC home office or Council of 18 spoke at the church at least once in the past three years, or is scheduled to speak at least once in the next two years.
- Church has made at least one donation to a Regular Baptist ministry in the past two years
- Pastor of church serves on the Council of 18, or has served on the Council of 18 within the past three years
- Church nominates at least one person for the Council of 18 each year for the past two years
- Church provides a link from its own website to the GARBC website
- Church hosts a GARBC local, regional, or national conference at least once in the past 5 years
- Must demonstrate a commitment to making disciples.
- Must display sense of purpose and direction, and current evidence of reaching toward specific goals under the leadership of a godly pastor.
- Must provide tangible evidence of financial responsibility.
- No grant shall be given for the purchase or erection of a parsonage; for assistance in the liquidation of a debt, or any part thereof, contracted previous to building construction; or to subsidize the salary of an established church pastor. A percentage of Generate Churches funds can be used to help fund the salary of a church planter.
- Each grant or loan to any church shall not exceed $20,000 for Generate Assistance Facility Grant and $30,000 for Generate Church Grant. A portion of the funds may be designated as a grant, loan, or both at the discretion of the administrators. The loan portion is to be repaid according to current guidelines at time of loan. Though an ethical obligation exists, no legal action will be taken if the church fails to repay the loan amount.
- The Board of Generate will evaluate the overall financial structure of the church. This includes the percentage of support they provide for local outreach, global missions, and staff compensation.